Research into double-exposure techniques

IMG_NEW
Page 1/3
IMG_0001_NEW
Page 2/3
IMG_NEW_0001
Page 3/3

Experiment

The shots I have used :

DSC_0060DSC_0078DSC_0080smaller

I found a link on the internet which explained how to create a double-exposure with my DLSR Nikon – (see pages above for the link).

In-camera technique:

WP_20151103_14_27_46_Pro WP_20151103_14_28_00_Pro WP_20151103_14_31_08_Pro WP_20151103_14_31_15_Pro

My result with this experiment :

DSC_0082
I then produced the double-exposure in Photoshop (see the page 3/3 at the beginning of the post for how I achieved this) using a slightly different shot of the same flowers.

This was the outcome:

DSC_0060photoshop editsmaler

The cow in the base layer of the image is one who has now been culled due to contracting the contagious disease (bovine) tuberculosis. I edited the base layer by removing it’s colour. My aim was to communicate a sense of sadness, the yellow in the flowers to stimulate thought and perhaps optimism.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s